Call for Papers/Posters/Map Designs
We solicit three types of contributions to the workshop program:
- Regular research papers (submit as 4-page manuscript)
- Research posters (submit as 2-page summary)
- New schematic map designs (submit as 2-page document: 1-page description plus image)
Regular papers are intended for presenting original research. Research posters are intended for those summarizing current projects or new techniques at an early stage of development. New map designs are intended for those submitting fresh alternatives to current (official) schematic maps. All submissions will undergo a peer-review process and accepted contributions are made available electronically as a collection of preprints for the benefit of the community. Results presented at the Schematic Mapping Workshop are expected to appear later in other conferences with formal proceedings and/or in journals. The program will further contain solicited position papers, but proposals for these are also welcome. Please contact the organising committee with a summary of your proposed position paper topic before proceeding.
Subject areas include, but are not restricted to:
- Methods for evaluating/measuring map quality
- Theoretical approaches to usability and its measurement
- Results of usability and user-experience studies
- Cross-cultural differences in designing and using schematic maps
- New methods and algorithms for automatic layout of schematic maps
- Theory of network schematics
- Schematic mapping and portable devices
- The role of cognitive psychology in designing and understanding schematics
- Critiques of existing schematics
- New approaches to schematic mapping
- Historical approaches to mapping transport systems
- The use of schematic maps beyond transit domains
All submissions must be formatted using the IEEE conference format. Templates are available here both for LaTeX and for Microsoft Word. Submissions are accepted as PDF files only. The workshop proceedings will be published as a collection of preprints.
All submissions are handled through EasyChair. The submission server will open in September 2018.
- Submission deadline: 21 December 2018
- Notifications: 8 February 2019
- Submission of final versions: 8 March 2019
For questions concerning submissions to Schematic Mapping 2019 please contact email@example.com.